Sunday 28 June 2015

Gem-of-a-Man

“First and foremost I have to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for blessing me with the talents to play this game, with the family to support me, day in, day out. I’m his humble servant right now and I can’t say enough how important my faith is to who I am and how I play the game.”

Those words come from Stephen Curry, point guard of the Golden State Warriors, during his acceptance of the award as 2014-2015 NBA Most Valuable Player, having beaten Lebron James and the Cavaliers for the NBA Championship.

The basketball star, who isn’t so tall (6’3”) nor bulky, was not a sought-after player in his early days, but proved everyone wrong with his talent that contributed tremendously to his team’s Cinderella story.

Every time he scores, he pounds his chest and points up; and he confessed that he has a “heart for God” and plays for God.  One the marks of his shoes have the numbers 4:13 that stand for Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”


In a world that reveres the egoistic “I”, Curry is gem-of-a-man who acknowledges God behind his success.  (Bro Mel B Libre)

No comments:

Post a Comment