Tuesday 21 May 2013

Thank You for Life

“You could have died,” the tyre supplier told my wife, as she went back on 20 May 2013 to report about the flat tyre that we had in the South Motorway of Auckland.

On Pentecost Sunday (19 May), my wife, who was driving, and I (with two other passengers) were trying to catch up with the christening of my first granddaughter Emjey Sophiea, so we took the fast lane (100 kph) of the motorway. Little did we know that we were running with a deflated front tyre (Earlier we had the same tyre filled with air at a petrol station). My wife noticed the unusual movement of the car half-way towards our destination. Through speeding vehicles, we safely crossed towards a rare open space along the motorway. We were able to obtain timely aid to change the tire, just prior to a heavy downpour.

The tyre supplier continued, “The tyre is totally damaged; and this could have burst if you continued running at a high speed in the motorway. You should never do this again.”

After my wife related to me about her conversation with the tyre supplier, I told her that we should be thankful to God for guarding us against harm; for allowing us to live for another day; and for us making it to  the baptism of our granddaughter.

Psalm 32:7 says: “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”

Truly, the Lord protected us from a fatal accident, as earlier on, we sung gleefully on the descent of the Holy Spirit during the mass at Our Lady of Lourdes-Glen Eden, and I did sing just in time a lullaby, a song of hope, called “Wonderful Baby” to little Miss Emjey.

Also on Pentecost Sunday, our growing music ministry, TawagAwit, marked its 6th anniversary. The Lord must be pleased with our ministry, by allowing us to live a little bit longer. Thank you, dear God, for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment