Tuesday 6 November 2012

Big Day for the Lord


November 6, 2012, 3:49am. I am 56 years old today. I just had hot coffee and bread with my wife, planning out on things for the day. It’ll be simple really.

Originally, I had thought of organizing on my birthday this blog into an activity to be called “BLOTFREE-Alive & Singing”.  It will be sort of a praise and worship affair, with me singing spiritual songs and sharing inspired writings before family, friends and readers.  I would then ask two to three people to read their favorite blog I’ve written. Then we'd pray together for healing for those who are sick, guidance for those who are lost and prosperity for those who are financially deprived.  Before we part ways, we will have shared porridge.

But my wife said that a Tuesday would be a difficult day to bring people together, and that we’ve had too many activities the past weeks, that we lacked the time to prepare. At first, I was disappointed. Then, the Holy Spirit filled me. He told me that if I really wanted to have a meaningful birthday celebration, I’d offer my singing, praising and praying to God.

Thus, for the past three days, I’ve been choosing the songs; rehearsing these; and physically, mentally and spiritually preparing myself for a gig for the Lord. This is one of the most important performances in my life. It is just God and me.  I truly am excited.

It’s already 4:24am, I should get back to bed to prepare for this big day for the Lord.  Thank you Lord for this life. Thank you Lord for all the gifts. To you I offer my all.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you a blessed and joyous birthday.
    Thanks be unto God for bringing you this far. For sure, there is nothing better to do on such a day than to thank God for the gift of life and for seeing us through all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may you have many days of blissfulness throughout your years. happy birthday and thank you for always sharing your gifts and talents to us who you inspire. for me, your achievement is becoming a 'tatay' not just to your children but to the many families who you have touched with your writing, faithfulness and leadership. cheers, tay. from the abadingos.

    ReplyDelete